One of my favorite vegan/vegetarian recipe site is vegkitchen.com. I altered it slightly in the pictures below for the things that I did not have on hand (artichoke hearts and dill) Here is the easy pasta salad recipe:
Spring Pasta Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Peas
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces tri-color rotini,
- 8 ounces slender asparagus
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas, lightly steamed
- One 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water.
Meanwhile, trim 1/2 inch from the bottoms of the asparagus spears, and cut them into approximately 1l/2-inch lengths. Steam in a large saucepan with a small amount of water until bright green and tender-crisp, then drain and rinse until cool. I used the steamer below. I also steamed the carrots as well (for about a minute).
Combine the cooked pasta, asparagus, and peas with the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Toss gently but thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until needed or serve.
*please note this is not my recipe and was taken directly from vegkitchen.ccom